Construction Industry Subcontractor (CIS)

If you work as a contractor and are paid CIS, you’re legally obliged to complete a Self-assessment tax return.

The vast majority of our CIS clients enjoy a tax refund. We know exactly what you can and can’t claim for, so you can be sure that you’re getting the absolute maximum refund possible. From registration to payout, the process can take as little as 6 weeks, which can be more than halved in subsequent years.

How much can I claim?

Over 75% of our CIS clients receive refunds in excess of £2000 per year.

Testimonial quote image

Bettertax not only cleared my penalties but I also received a considerable refund.

Eddie H, West Midlands

What to expect

How easy will it be to claim a CIS tax refund?

It couldn’t be easier. Just sign and return the completed registration pack in the freepost envelope and we’ll manage the entire process with HMRC.

How long does a CIS tax refund take?

From registration to completion, the process can take just 2 weeks for people with a UTR number and as little as 6 weeks for those without. These times will be more than halved in subsequent years once registered as our client.

What are your fees?

Our fee is £99.99 plus 15% of the tax refund we’re able to obtain for each tax year we complete, so you can rest assured that we’ll do everything in our power to get you the best refund possible. All fees are subject to VAT.

Why choose Bettertax?

We offer an outstanding CIS tax return service which is low risk but high return. We also have vast experience in getting people who may have fallen behind or are in debt with HMRC back on track.

CIS Subcontrator tax refunds what’s included

  • Preparation and submission of your CIS Self-Assessment tax return
  • Full HMRC account management
  • Post care – Managing codes, deadlines and any other issues with HMRC
  • Management of Landlord’s rented property tax liability.
  • 12 months of free tax advice
  • Compliance (investigations) and figures checks (if any)
  • Generation of SA302 and other documents for mortgage & loan applications, employment references, CSA

Outstanding tax returns?

If you’ve fallen behind and have outstanding tax returns to be completed with penalties or debts at HMRC, don’t worry, just give us a call on 01280 821020 and we’ll let you know how we can help.

Rating starRating starRating starRating starRating star
We're rated 5 out of 5 based on over 701 customer reviews on Freeindex
We're rated No.1 out of 758 Accountants in the UK
More than 95% of our customers have come from recommendations
Get in touch today, it couldn't be easier...Start your Bettertax